Flatfeet means there’s a diminished curve at patient's foot arch. Many adults with flat feet also have heel and ankle problems. Whether the patients perceive symptoms or not depends on the patients' daily work and living habits
What are the causes of Flatfeet?
Flatfeet is mainly due to two factors: Congenital and acquired factors
- Congenital factors include congenital tarsal bonding, congenital ligament laxity, genetic factors.
- Acquired factors include obesity, Bad posture and type of shoes they are wearing.
Obesity- When the body is too heavy, the load on the foot arch will be increased, and this will flattened their curve of foot arch.
Bad posture - another reason that causes ligament laxity and flat feet problems arise.
Type of shoes- Shoes type will affect the arch of the foot.
What are the Signs / symptoms of flatfeet?
For most young children, the flexible flatfeet deformity is mild and causes no symptoms. They do not suffer from pain, swelling, or sore feet. Children with flexible flatfeet deformity may wear out shoes a bit differently from a normal person, but this is not usually any reason to be concerned.
In moderate to severe cases, the child may report fatigue and tired, sore feet after standing on them all day. During those times, they may limit their own activities to avoid the pain.
What are the Risk Factors of Flat feet?
How does physiotherapist treat with my flat foot?
- Rest and ice to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Try to wear soft-soled shoes or sneakers, this can let the feet to return to normal development.
- Choose shoes with a right sizes.
- Our physiotherapist may suggest that shock-absorbing insoles placed in your shoes to reduce impact and protect the feet.
- Do not stand or walk for too long
- Grab a towel with your toes can cause flat feet foot pain to relief. Repeat five times on each foot. Do this exercise 3 times per day.
- Keep your toes forward . Slowly raise your toes while keeping your heels on the ground. Hold this position for 10 seconds . Repeat five times on each foot. Do this exercise 3 times per day.